Application Deadline: Nov 6th @ 11:59 PM EST
About Our Ecosystem of Businesses
We are creating an ecosystem with one common goal: building or empowering the next generation of high-impact businesses. We are entrepreneurs at heart who love to experiment, build, and create. Our employees may work across the different streams of our businesses with their main focus on Onova.
Onova is a boutique innovation consultancy that helps large corporations innovate at the speed of startups
Inoki Bathhouse is an innovative e-commerce company reimagining and reshaping the bath industry
winning together fund
The WTF is a micro fund investing in early-stage startups (e.g., Stilt, Almanac, Cococart)
Earth is an enterprise software designed to run hybrid innovation sprints and hackathons for large corporations
Onova is a remote-first innovation consultancy focused on three areas of expertise:
(1) Building a sustainable pipeline of employee-generated product ideas
(2) Reducing the process and time from product concept to market
(3) Scaling a strong culture of innovation and hands-on technical learning across thousands of employees
We accomplish this by executing custom high-impact Innovation Sprints to drive tangible products for clients. We ensure the right challenges are defined and matched with the appropriate sponsors. We provide the necessary facilitation, tools, and environment that is conducive to building creative and innovative solutions. As part of our process in education and product innovation, we provide our clients and their employees with the latest design thinking, design sprint, and lean startup processes and methodologies.
High-Level Role and Responsibilities
Job Function: Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter), Blog Content Writing (Research Articles on Tech, Startups, and Relevant Industries), Growth Strategy, SEO Strategy
Timeline: November 2022 - December 2023 (flexible between part-time and full-time, however Summer 2023 must be full-time)
We aim to be the most prominent thought leader and a household name for innovation at large corporations. Our clients today are at the top of their respective industries, and the sponsors of our projects are C-Suite level global leaders. We're looking for a rockstar marketer who can translate the vision of the co-founders and communicate it effectively with the world.
- Own and produce our Innovation Insights Newsletter
- Write whitepapers and case studies by researching and interviewing our clients and their respective industries
- Stay on top of industry trends, emerging startups, and leading ideas in order to write and publish thought leadership articles and blog posts
- Manage our social media team to create content and grow our presence on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
- Test and implement changes to our website and improve our SEO
- Brainstorm, test and implement new marketing strategies with the co-founders
Have a strong growth mindset and be very receptive to feedback: We have a high-pain, high-gain mentality. Feedback from your peers, manager and co-founders will come often and fast, and this offers you a chance to grow extremely rapidly. This may come in the form of 1:1 chats with your manager, and direct feedback on live demos/presentations. You will need to be emotionally resilient and have a strong growth mindset to thrive in our culture.
Have the "startup hustle": Our working hours are not a standard 9-5. The team may often work late nights and on weekends to meet deadlines and respond to client needs. We try to balance this during our downtime with slower days/hours when we’re less busy.
Thrive in an ambiguous environment and take ownership: As much as half of your workload will be self-driven, meaning you are actively looking for problems to solve around the company, coming up with solutions, and implementing them. You must be very comfortable working independently and thrive in ambiguous environments where there isn’t necessarily someone telling you what to do.
Are emotionally intelligent and self-aware: We expect that you are aware of your own emotions and can effectively process and communicate them with your peers. We encourage our team to be vulnerable and open. It allows us to develop deeper connections and work far more effectively as a team when we have empathy for one another.
Are highly detail-oriented and organized: We have a very strong written culture at Onova. As a largely remote team, we need to ensure work and processes are documented, and effectively communicate across the organization. You will need to be highly detailed in the work you do, and ensure proper organization so that someone with no context can come in and pick up where you left off if needed.
Have strong communication skills: Whether communicating your emotions, presenting in front of an audience, writing documentation, or simply writing an e-mail, you must be a strong communicator. The ability to succinctly and effectively convey your thoughts in any medium is highly valued at Onova.
Are team-oriented and collaborative: Naturally, this is critical for a startup like ours. It's important that everyone feels supported and encouraged to do their best work, but they also are able to support one another proactively.
Enjoy being creative and think outside the box: We are a team of creative thinkers that enjoy challenging the status quo and being different. If you enjoy learning and growing in diverse subject areas and thinking about the future, you'll be a great fit.
1. Must be registered as a full-time post-secondary student from an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution.
2. Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee with protected status as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Note that you will need to submit a 1-minute video as part of your application.
How might we identify and disrupt the bias in our organization’s systems?
Bias in our systems impact productivity, creativity and innovation. Systemic bias benefits some individuals while leaving others disadvantaged. Reducing systemic bias will lead to increased retention, engagement, morale, trust and inclusion across an organization.
- Expect resistance from various levels of management and leadership
- Must create psychological safety where people are comfortable to speak up and share
- Consider anonymous embedded feedback mechanisms
- Must be outcome-based and measurable to report back on results