First Round Application Deadline: January 16th @ 11:59 PM EST
About Our Ecosystem of Businesses
We are creating an ecosystem with one common goal: building or empowering the next generation of high-impact businesses. We are entrepreneurs at heart who love to experiment, build, and create. Our employees may work across the different streams of our businesses with their main focus on Onova.
Onova is a boutique innovation consultancy that helps large corporations innovate at the speed of startups.
Inoki Bathhouse is an innovative e-comm company reimagining and reshaping the bath industry.
winning together fund
The Winning Together Fund is a micro fund investing in early-stage startups (e.g., Stilt, Almanac, Cococart).
Onova is a remote-first innovation consultancy focused on three areas of expertise:
(1) Building a sustainable pipeline of employee-generated product ideas
(2) Reducing the process and time from product concept to market
(3) Scaling a strong culture of innovation and hands-on technical learning across thousands of employees
We accomplish this by executing custom high-impact Innovation Sprints to drive tangible products for clients. We ensure the right challenges are defined and matched with the appropriate sponsors. We provide the necessary facilitation, tools, and environment that is conducive to building creative and innovative solutions. As part of our process in education and product innovation, we provide our clients and their employees with the latest design thinking, design sprint, and lean startup processes and methodologies.
High-Level Role and Responsibilities
Employment Type: Part-Time (February - April), Full-Time (May - August), Part-Time or Full-Time (Sept - December)
Job Function: Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter), Blog Content Writing (Research Articles on Tech, Startups, and Relevant Industries), Growth Strategy, SEO Strategy
Timeline: February - December 2022
We aim to be the most prominent thought leader and a household name for innovation at large corporations. Our clients today are at the top of their respective industries, and the sponsors of our projects are C-Suite level global leaders. We're looking for a rockstar marketer who can translate the vision of the co-founders and communicate it effectively with the world.
- Own and produce our Innovation Insights Newsletter
- Write whitepapers and case studies by researching and interviewing our clients and their respective industries
- Stay on top of industry trends, emerging startups, and leading ideas in order to write and publish thought leadership articles and blog posts
- Manage our social media team to create content and grow our presence on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
- Test and implement changes to our website and improve our SEO
- Brainstorm, test and implement new marketing strategies with the co-founders
Are highly detail-oriented: Our client projects have large project management components so we need people who are highly detail-oriented, on top of things, and organized.
Have a personal growth mindset: Working in a startup is different compared to working at a large company. At a startup, your personal impact is significant so you need to wear many hats and constantly look for ways to improve.
Have the "startup hustle": A startup environment can be quite ambiguous and fluid, which is why we need people who are self-sufficient, capable, and resilient. Our working hours are not a standard 9-5, we need to be responsive to one another during client projects at all odd hours and take ownership of our projects.
Thrive in a leadership role and enjoy taking ownership: You have taken on leadership roles in the past and have grown comfortable in front of a team as well as taking ownership and working independently.
Are receptive to feedback and excellent communication skills: Whether it's receiving feedback, presenting in front of an audience, drafting a research paper, or simply writing an e-mail, you're a natural communicator.
Are team-oriented and collaborative: Naturally, this is critical for a startup like ours. It's important that everyone feels supported and encouraged to do their best work, but they also are able to support one another proactively.
Enjoy being creative and think outside the box: We are an innovation consultancy that needs creative thinkers. If you enjoy learning and growing in diverse subject areas and constantly thinking about the future, you'll be a great fit.
1. Must be registered as a full-time post-secondary student from an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution.
2. Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee with protected status as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Note that you will need to submit a 1-minute video as part of your application.
How might we identify and disrupt the bias in our organization’s systems?
Bias in our systems impact productivity, creativity and innovation. Systemic bias benefits some individuals while leaving others disadvantaged. Reducing systemic bias will lead to increased retention, engagement, morale, trust and inclusion across an organization.
- Expect resistance from various levels of management and leadership
- Must create psychological safety where people are comfortable to speak up and share
- Consider anonymous embedded feedback mechanisms
- Must be outcome-based and measurable to report back on results