Graphic Design Intern
We are an innovation consultancy that helps large corporations innovate at the speed of startups. We focus on three areas of expertise:
(1) Building a sustainable pipeline of employee-generated product ideas,
(2) Reducing the process and time from product concept to market, and
(3) Scaling a strong culture of innovation and hands-on technical learning across thousands of employees.
We accomplish this by executing custom high-impact Innovation Sprints to drive tangible products for clients. We ensure the right challenges are defined and matched with the appropriate sponsors. We provide the necessary facilitation, tools, and environment that is conducive to building creative and innovative solutions. As part of our process in education and product innovation, we provide our clients and their employees with the latest design thinking, design sprint, and lean startup processes and methodologies.
Role & Responsibilities
Employment Type: Part-Time, Internship
Location: Toronto/Remote (must be legally eligible to work in Canada)
Job Function: Design
Start Date: Part-time (10-20 hours/week) starting January 2021, with the possibility of an extension to a full-time internship offer from May - Aug 2021!
- Ideate, plan, and create visual elements for all the assets of our startup
- Organize brainstorming sessions with the founders to creating branding initiatives for social media campaigns
- Create digital assets for sales and marketing materials materials
- Support any client-related work with design assets
- Provide design expertise to existing design assets
- Create Onova's branding guidebook to ensure consistency across all design assets
- Extremely proficient with photoshop or illustrator (or any design creation software)
- Can create vector designs/illustrations and flat icons
- Knowledgeable about the latest design best practices and emerging trends (has a strong eye for design)
- Extremely receptive to feedback and has strong communication skills
- Effective time management skills and is organized (can meet deadlines and able to operate independently)
- Highly detail-oriented and has high standards for one's own work quality
1. Must be registered as a full-time post-secondary student from an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution (this is a part-time internship!)
2. Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee with protected status as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Applications are due Sunday, December 20 @ 11:59 PM. Note that you will need to upload and/or submit links to your design portfolio.
How might we identify and disrupt the bias in our organization’s systems?
Bias in our systems impact productivity, creativity and innovation. Systemic bias benefits some individuals while leaving others disadvantaged. Reducing systemic bias will lead to increased retention, engagement, morale, trust and inclusion across an organization.
- Expect resistance from various levels of management and leadership
- Must create psychological safety where people are comfortable to speak up and share
- Consider anonymous embedded feedback mechanisms
- Must be outcome-based and measurable to report back on results