Seeking a Kick-Ass Business Development Associate
- Be the very first Business Development hire at Onova, working alongside the CEO to develop, refine and execute Onova's sales strategy
- Manage and expand our partnership strategy with companies like Google, AWS, etc.
- Ideate and test brand new solutions and services to drive value for clients
- Research, write and publish thought leadership articles on the innovation outlook/landscape across a variety of industries
Based on interest & skill
- Project management on large-scale, global innovation efforts for Fortune 500 clients
- Manage people tasks, and deadlines across a wide array of workstreams, including marketing, design, logistics, partnerships, operations, finance
- Collaborate and shape our digital marketing strategy
What does your startup do?
We are an innovation consultancy that designs and execute custom high-impact "invention sprints" (think large-scale hackathon mixed with design sprint principles) to drive tangible product ideas for Fortune 500 clients. We ensure the right challenges are defined and matched with the appropriate sponsors. We provide the necessary process, tools, and environment that is conducive to building creative and innovative solutions. We also educate our clients and their employees in leading technology domains, design thinking and lean startup methodologies.
What's your purpose?
We are deeply passionate about driving a culture of innovation and surfacing brilliant product solutions through open innovation and crowdsourcing. We believe bottom-up innovation is incredibly under-utilized at large organizations. We work with our clients to align on their innovation goals, communicate it to their employees in an exciting way, and generate kick-ass solutions.
Why should I work for your startup? Great question.
- You're looking for founders who care about your personal/professional goals. We care about our team a lot. When you join our team, we don't just see you as an intern/employee, you're way more than that. As a small team, we can afford to mentor and collaborate closely with you. If you're looking to truly learn and gain experience, you found a good home to do that in. If you want people who truly care about your personal aspirations, we will be there for you.
- You want to wear many hats. As a scrappy startup, your function is not limited to how we see your roles and responsibilities. You make the role into your own through your interests and curiosities throughout your journey with us.
If our startup sparks joy, keep reading! If not, toss it out (no hard feelings!!)
(Marie Kondo reference)
You will be successful with us if you:
Have a growth mindset: Working in a startup is different compared to working at a large company. At a startup, you wear many hats and you are constantly thinking about how to take an idea from zero to one.
Thrive in a leadership role: You have taken on leadership roles in the past and have grown comfortable in front of a team and taking ownership.
Have strong communication skills: Whether it's providing/receiving feedback, presenting in front of an audience, drafting a research paper, or simply writing an e-mail, you're a natural communicator.
Are team-oriented and collaborative: Naturally, this is critical for a startup like ours. You will interact with your team, a lot. It's important that everyone feels supported and encouraged to do their best work.
Enjoy being creative and think outside the box: We are an innovation consultancy that needs creative thinkers. If you enjoy learning and growing in diverse subject areas and constantly thinking into the future, you'll be a great fit.
Are results-oriented and detail-oriented: We are looking for A-Players that not only think high-level, but thrive on results and do it well.
Have the startup hustle: A startup environment can be quite ambiguous and fluid, which is why we need people who are self-sufficient, ambitious, and gritty.
This is an entry-level position for new graduates based out of Canada.
How to Apply
Submit your resume below by Aug 9 @ 11:59PM EST
Update: Applications are now closed
How might we identify and disrupt the bias in our organization’s systems?
Bias in our systems impact productivity, creativity and innovation. Systemic bias benefits some individuals while leaving others disadvantaged. Reducing systemic bias will lead to increased retention, engagement, morale, trust and inclusion across an organization.
- Expect resistance from various levels of management and leadership
- Must create psychological safety where people are comfortable to speak up and share
- Consider anonymous embedded feedback mechanisms
- Must be outcome-based and measurable to report back on results